HOME OF THE STORMIN' POINTERS
CLASS OF 2015 MOTTO:
“In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” ~Abraham Lincoln~
We have 82 graduates in the senior class this year walking the stage one last time on Sunday, May 24, 2015. We wish them all good luck in their future endeavors. May they continue to learn from all the lessons life gives them and be members of society that they can be proud of.
CLASS OF 2015: Final week's information...
Frequently Asked Questions… Any other questions, please call or email Mr. Libolt.
- When are senior FINALS?....Finals will be given on Monday, May 18th and Tuesday, May 19th. Tuesday is the last full day for seniors.
- When do seniors take care of their OBLIGATION(S)?....All obligations need to be taken care of by the last full day of school – May 19th.…These include but are not limited to…lunch, library, shop, lockers, activities, etc.…Any and all other arrangements must be approved with Mr. Libolt.
- When is the SENIOR AWARDS DAY?...Wednesday, May 20th at 8:30 a.m. in the high school gymnasium. Reserved seating for parents/family is provided.
- When do seniors REHEARSE for graduation?....Seniors will rehearse immediately after Senior Awards Day, May 20th, at approximately 10:30-10:45. It is MANDATORY and will take about 30-45 minutes, so we should be finished by noon.
- Will there be PICTURES of us in graduation caps & gowns? How do we order?...Sloan Photography will be here on May 24th to take “Class of 2015” and individual pictures. You will find a form included in your packet from awards day if you wish to place an order. Homeroom pictures for the yearbook will also be taken on graduation day. Be here no later than 12:30 on Sunday, May 24th, so all the pictures will be done.
- When is GRADUATION?...Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 2 P.M. in High School Gymnasium at 145 Iowa St., Center Point – It is air conditioned.
- How many TICKETS can each senior have for reserved seating?...Seniors will receive these in your packet on Awards Day, May 20th Reserved seating is only for the chairs on the floor. You will receive 4 tickets per family. Only those with tickets are allowed to sit on the floor. The bleachers are available for all other family members and guests. We have the ability to seat 1200 guests in the bleachers. If you have extra tickets, please bring them to the high school office by Friday, May 22nd.
- At what time can parents arrive for SEATING?...The doors will be open at 1:00 p.m. Seating is on a first come-first serve basis. No reserved seating. Ushers will take tickets for the floor seating.
- What TIME are seniors supposed to be here and where?...Seniors are to be in the LIBRARY at 12:30. Doors will open at 12:15 for seniors to enter. Make sure each graduate brings - cap, gown, stole, and tassel!
- Who gets gold and silver CORDS?...Based on the 4.0 honor scale, seniors who are the top of their class will receive a gold cord for grade points at and above 3.75. Seniors who are between 3.5 and 3.74 will receive the silver cord. The top seniors according to class rank will receive a medal – presented to them during the graduation ceremony.
- Who gets red CORDS?...Those seniors who have met all the requirements from the Red Cross will receive a red cord.
- Who gets royal blue CORDS?...All senior who were in National Honor Society receive royal blue cords.
- What do seniors WEAR?...Male: Dress pants (no blue jeans), dark shoes or dress shoes…Female: Skirt/Dress or dress slacks (no blue jeans), formal shoes All outfits must be appropriate
- What are the CLASS colors, flower, and motto?...Colors: Gold & Black…Flower: Yellow Chrysanthemum…Motto: “In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” ~Abraham Lincoln~
MARK YOUR CALENDARS: Upcoming Days...
May 24 - 2pm Graduation - Gymnasium
May 25 - No School - Memorial Day
May 26 & 27 - Final Finals for the year!
May 28 - Last Day of Term 4 - Last Day of the YEAR! Dismissal at 12:30 p.m.
Have a great summer...We will see you again when school begins August 24, 2015!